Sunday, July 3, 2016

Adios America, Hola Cabo.

We had known for awhile that we were headed back to Cabo for vacation this year, we just didn't know when because getting schedules to match up with family isn't always the easiest thing to do. We finally found a week that we thought was going to work and we were ready to book the flights when Justin's brother and his family sadly had to back out. We decided that we still wanted to go & Janet was still on board that since we had the extra room we would reach out to my parents and invited them to go. I was 100% certain that they wouldn't go for two reasons. One, they had just gone to Jamaica in April and 2. my dad was over flying and customs.

Surprisingly, when Justin and I brought it up to them he didn't immediately say no. In fact, he pulled it up on the computer & started asking lots of questions. The next morning he had my mom reach out to their dog sitter and see if he was available. He was. They were in. I was shocked. The boys stoked.

With as much excitement as we had surrounding the beach and our trip, there was one major drawback, a 5:45 am flight. With two little boys. But we made the most of it.

The good news, Logan slept on both legs of the plane ride and Kaden slept on the first leg. I love that he is still able to curl up and fall asleep on me, at his head can. 

And since we got up so early, we were in Cabo before noon and to the pool by four. We had made it to paradise. 

It had been one long day of travel and fun, we were all wiped. 

Both Justin and I and my mom and dad got hit up on night one to take the "vacation package" presentation. They were giving up a pretty good credit to the resort so we decided that for an hour and a half it would be worth it. We woke up the next morning and as we headed to the sales pitch, Janet took the boys to the pool. The sales pitch did two things, paid for many of meals and happy hours & it allowed Justin and I to learn a little more about what Janet had purchased the year before. Honestly, Justin was ready to pull the trigger and now knows why I didn't keep his mom from doing it! We held strong though and put in our hour and half and then headed to meet the boys, who were pedal to the medal from the get go. 

So not surprising the boys were tired by mid afternoon but so was my dad. He had enough sun and water for the day and decided that he and mom would take the boys up to the room for a little while. The rest of us relaxed...and one of us continued to drink. 

& before we knew it, the boys were back down and ready to go in style.

Day two looked a lot like day 1. And really every day pretty much was the same. I'd get up with the boys and we would head down to the pool around 8ish to pick out a spot and get some chairs while the others finished up breakfast and then shortly after they would join us at the pool. We chilled in that spot for the rest of the day. 

& out of the blue Kaden exclaims, "I could do this all day!"  Me too, buddy. Me too. 

We were all pretty wiped and weren't really feeling going out for dinner but we got cleaned up and headed out for a nice, simple dinner at the Bristro. & we were all glad we did, such yummy food. Logan said his chicken fingers were the best ever. 

Day four---more of the same. Seriously, we did this every. single. day. The only thing new that we did on this day was head down to the beach and check out the sand. I may or may not have gotten whistled at because I put our toes in the water...oops. 

& then Janet stole my hat because her little visor just wasn't cutting it, her poor little top of her head was starting to burn. I hope my boys love me as much as her boys love her. 

Day five we decided to mix things up and headed over to the sister resort where we could get into the water and see Lover's Beach and grab a bite to eat along the water. But since our ride wasn't leaving until 10, the boys got to enjoy a little Jacuzzi time. 

Kaden loved that there was a little mariachi band that played for us. He couldn't stop smiling. 

& he and Logan both wanted to get a couple little souvenirs from a boy that was on the beach. Of course I said yes to the little boy, mainly because I use to have a little armadillo like his dragon and Nemo but also because the little boy was so incredible sweet. 

My FAVORITE picture of the entire trip. Sums up my entire world. 

Day Six---it was starting to sit in that our days in paradise were number. But you guessed it, we managed to do more of the same. The boys and I were down at the pool by 8 & on this morning they got to watch a drone fly over us. 

The sun & long days were starting to take their toll on the kids but they figured out how to get by...

& with all the time that we had been spending at the pool each day Logan really improved leaps and bounds with his swimming and on the last few days he didn't even wear his bubble. He was so proud. Please forgive the deep gasps, it took us checking on him a couple of times in fear before we realized it was just his way of swimming.  

This happened to be the day where Justin and I decided to call it quits early too and headed back up to the room to let the boys rest a little more. Janet decided that she would stay by the pool so once the boys were up I took them on a little walk around the resort and even checked on Grammy at the pool. 

And this was when I told them that we only had one more day in paradise. Needless to say, Kaden was not at all happy to hear that. 

So we made the most out of the last day. 

And if you had to guess, what would be the one thing that you think the boys would want to do before leaving? Night swim? Nope. Build a castle, again? Nope. Ping Pong? DING! DING! DING. 

Play ping pong. They were dying to play so Justin and I gave them an introductory course, right then and there. Kaden caught on pretty easily but poor Logan was a little too small and it took some time for him to figure out to back away from the table. 

Justin is on the hunt for a table now but I have no idea where one will go...

Every morning on our way to the pool we would stop by and say good morning to the birdies and  on our last day as we headed to the lobby Logan had to stop one last time. He took a few extra minutes taking it all in and then instead of saying goodbye, he went with, see ya later. And he's right, we'll be back before you know it. 

Our flights back home were easy. The layover though, was long. Thankfully it was July 3rd and the airports were so quiet--the boys had plenty of room to stretch out and relax. We made it home to KC just after 11 pm and pulled into our neighborhood only to realize it was pitch black. We were out of electricity. Unpacking and getting the boys into bed in complete darkness was challenging, especially since our phones were running low on juice. But man did it feel good to be home and in our own beds. 

There are no words for how much this vacation meant to me and Justin. It was just so special to watch as our kids created such wonderful memories with their grandparents. I mean this is what it is all about, creating memories with the ones you love and do we love these people. Thank you Janet for jumping in with both feet last August and sharing it with us. Thank you mom and dad for not passing up on the opportunity to spend a week with the boys in paradise. Truly was one of the best weeks of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.