Monday, January 14, 2013

Keeping It Going..

We kicked the New Year off just perfectly with a trip to Milwukee to see our family from the North & we just had to keep the momentum rolling as we headed into the first weekend of the 2013. We started the weekend off with a trip to the Plaza with the Walshes, a little bit last minute but like always, some of our best evenings come from last minute plans. We dined at Plaza Three and then headed to O'dowds where we were entertained by a deejay that reminded us of our college nights at 5th Street. The deejay was playing all the good songs--"I'm Real" by Ja Rule, "No Diggity" by BlackStreet, he played Nelly, Outcast, Jay-Z--needless to say, we were doing our own versions of the fist pump!

Sadly, by 11 o'clock, the Souths were ready to head back home--where we would be enjoying a full night of sleep and possibly getting to sleep in too. A rarity!

The next morning we woke up, took care of a few things around the house & pulled together some clothes for the boys & drove over to Grammie's to pick them up. We decided to surprise them with a little morning trip to SeaLife. We haven't yet paid a visit to the one in KC that opened last year and Kaden enjoyed our trip to SeaLife in Minneapolis so we figured it would be a perfect little outing for such a cold first weekend of the year. And it was.

From the moment we walked through the gates the boys were in awe of the fish. They ran from tank to tank to point at each one. They saw Nemo, Bruce, Dori. They saw a red fish, a blue fish, a big fish, and a "snake". And like most days, Logan was once again Kaden's shadow, wanting to do everything that big brother was doing except when it came time to petting the Starfish. The roles reversed, it was Logan that stepped up and took the lead and Kaden followed in suit.

But our fun didn't end there. Justin suggested that we visit Crown Center's Fritzs' for lunch. We found our way into our booth and from the moment we sat down their eyes were glued as they watched the trains make their way around the tracks. This was the first time that Kaden waited eagerly for our train to come and drop our food down. When ours finally arrived he stood up to make sure he got a good look at everything that was happening. And if you ask me, I kind of wish I had a train that would deliver our food all the time because this kid ate like a champ!

It was the perfect way to kick off the new year for our family & no matter how busy life gets for us, we will make sure to have more weekends like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.